Grab a spoon and dive into a cup of this cinnamon apple pie chia pudding! It tastes just like apple pie and only uses 6 ingredients!
When I think about September I always think of apple recipes. Though we still have apple picking in October, I’m always too fixated on halloween by then! Though things do feel a bit different this September. It’s been a pretty cool & rainy summer here, but somehow this past week (and this coming week) it’s hotter than any week it’s been all summer! Not to mention two weeks straight of sun!
So it’s been throwing off my fall cooking a bit. Here I am trying to think up some cozy warming fall recipes to eat, meanwhile all I want is a big smoothie and some chips& guac while I sit outside in the 30 degree (celsius) heat!
This cinnamon apple pie chia pudding is actually a pretty refreshing snack, since you can enjoy it straight from the fridge. The combination of the chia pudding and the apple sauce has got to one of my new favourite ways to eat chia pudding! I’m thinking next of making some fresh apple juice to soak my chia seeds in for an apple juice/chia pudding mix. What do you think?
- ¾ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 apple
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Whisk the chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, and almond milk together until well combined. Set aside for 30 minutes to thicken.
- Place half the amount of apple sauce into the bottom of your cup. Mix the remaining apple sauce into the chia pudding mixture, then pour the chia pudding into the cup.
- Chop your apple into cubes to top.
- Feel free to add more cinnamon, pecans, or any other toppings you like!
Tips & suggestions:
- Mix it up and add in some cranberries, figs, or other fall fruit
- Use the rest of your apples to make these Vegan apple crumb muffins!
- If you make this recipe don’t forget to share on Instagram with #choosingchia