This coconut chia pudding with mango puree will make you feel like your on a tropical island. Enjoy this chia pudding for a healthy breakfast or snack!
For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably noticed I have a deep love for the tropics. This love applies to my cooking too! Even on cold winter days, you can catch me eating a smoothie bowl or tropical inspired chia pudding while I’m wrapped up in a blanket.
This coconut chia pudding with mango puree is one of my favorite tropical inspired recipes. With spring coming up, I figured it’s the perfect time to share these cute little cups!
Genuine health reached out to me to create a recipe featuring their fermented protein. I was so excited to create a recipe since I already use their protein after my morning shakes!
I used Genuine Health coconut fermented vegan protein+ in this recipe to add a nice boost of protein to keep me full. This fermented protein naturally breaks down the plant proteins used in the blend to make them more easily digestible, and help strengthen gut health.
The protein also uses a blend of 7 different plant sources, so you can be guaranteed a wider spectrum of amino acids. The coconut flavor is perfect for this recipe, and ads an extra boost of coconut goodness to the chia pudding!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop genuine health coconut fermented vegan protein+
- 1 and ½ cups almond milk (or light coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large mango
- 1-4 tbsp of water (as needed)
- toasted coconut flakes
- In a bowl mix together the chia seeds, shredded coconut, protein powder, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Allow to sit and gel for 1-2 hours.
- Peel and chop your mango and add to a food processor. If it is too thick and 1-4 tbsp of water.
- Layer the chia mixture in the bottom of a cup followed by the coconut layer on top.
- Garnish with fresh mango and coconut flakes
Tips & suggestions
- If your chia pudding is too thick or you want to leave it to sit overnight, add a bit more almond milk
- Throw in some berries or other tropical fruits you love to top.
- You can purchase Genuine health fermented vegan proteins+ here