This creamy vegan roasted red pepper pasta is the answer to your healthy comfort food dreams! Cozy up with a bowl of this warming dish.
This past week every morning I woke up it’s been almost pitch black outside. It’s not like I wake up super early either. (usually, around 7:00 am) This is what I like to call the “pre-daylight savings phase.”
The couple weeks before we change the clocks an hour, where it feels like night time when you wake up. There are only a few more days left of this…but then we enter the darkness…winter is coming!
This also marks the season of warming and cozy dishes…so expect quite a few of these coming up.
But for now, I’m so excited to share this creamy vegan roasted red pepper pasta with you.
I took my weekly trip to the farmer’s market last week and got a bit overwhelmed with sadness when I walked in and most of the stalls were closed, and vendors packed up and gone. I could feel the change in the air.
The market is filled with such special memories for me. It always reminds me of summers with loved ones, days filled with happiness, creativity, and LOTS of delicious food to eat! So I get a bit sentimental whenever I go.
Although the market will soon (mostly) close for the winter, I still smile knowing that there is always summers ahead, and more days filled with rays of sunshine and freshly grown produce.
But for now, I’m savoring the last moments I can of the Fall local goods. One of which is red peppers!
This creamy vegan roasted red pepper pasta is surprisingly easy to make and goes well with any pasta you love. I made mine with some gluten-free ancient grains penne and topped it off with some fresh herbs and crushed red chili flakes!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the core & seeds of the peppers.
- Place face down on the baking sheet and rub with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on the top rack of the oven until charred on top. (They should have some black spots)
- Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer to a bowl, covering with a plate or aluminum foil.
- Let steam for 5 minutes.
- Next using your hands, peel and remove the skins from the peppers. Discard the skins.
- Add the peppers, garlic, tomato paste, almond milk, red wine, coconut sugar, salt, and pepper to a high-speed blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Mix the sauce into the pasta and serve!
I love seeing you make recipes from the blog! Use #choosingchia on Instagram so I can see your creations!
Tips & suggestions:
- Add your favorite herbs into the blender (like as basil or thyme!)
- Sautee some vegetables (like broccoli, green beans, or spinach) in a pan and add to the pasta to get an extra serving of veggies!
- Fancy more vegan pasta? Try this creamy spaghetti with leeks, peas, and asparagus!