These healthy mini pecan pies are the perfect treat for the holidays. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and made into individual portions!
Are you ready for the cutest little pecan pies ever?
I’ve always big a huge fan of mini foods. Individual portions are always so much more fun to eat, share and enjoy with friends. Also, let’s be honest, they’re just so cute!
With Thanksgiving coming up soon I thought it would be the perfect time to share this recipe for healthy mini pecan pies. I’ve already celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving back in October, but I can never get enough of Fall recipes, so I was, of course, excited about Thanksgiving recipe creation round 2!
Pecan pie is definitely one of the first foods that come to my mind when I think of Thanksgiving. Of course there’s always pumpkin pie and apple pie, but I think pecan has got to be my personal favorite!
This recipe gives the traditional pecan pie a healthy makeover that is vegan and gluten-free. The crusts are made with oats and pecans, and the filling with dates, so they’re naturally sweetened!
I’m feeling really thankful this Thanksgiving season, getting ready to leave on a 3 week trip this Friday that I’ve been wanting to do for the longest time!
This Friday I’ll be escaping the cold and heading to the Maldives and Sri Lanka!
I’m so excited to explore and discover new foods and cuisines and bring back new cooking inspiration. I’ll be sharing some of my experiences in some posts to come in the next few weeks too!
But for now, let’s get to these mini pecan pies!
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 6 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pecans to top
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse the oats, pecans, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt together until combined.
- Scoop a spoon of the mixture into a mini tart pan and press down firmly with your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, mix together the dates, almond milk, vanilla and salt until creamy and smooth.
- Use a knife to spread some of the caramel filling onto each pie.
- Top each pie with a pecan.
I love seeing you make recipes from the blog! Use #choosingchia on Instagram so I can see your creations!
Tips & suggestions:
- Use vegan butter (melted) or vegetable oil if you prefer to coconut oil
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week
- If you need more Thanksgiving inspiration try this salted caramel apple galette!