Spring is finally here! Well, maybe not entirely since there is still a lot of snow on the ground, but it’s definitely on it’s way!
Daylight savings happened last weekend, and we rolled the clocks forward an hour, so it’s light out later. It’s so nice to look out the window at 5pm, and see some sun! I find it gives me so much more energy, and with that comes more energy for working out, cooking, and doing outdoor activities.
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup yogurt (of your choice)
- ¼ cup peanut butter, melted
- granola for topping
- To prepare the chia pudding, add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Place in the fridge and let sit for a couple hours, or overnight until the texture is a thick pudding. If it is too thick for your liking, just add some more milk.
- In a saucepan, add your strawberries on medium heat, stirring constantly for 5-10 minutes, until strawberries are cooked down. Add in maple syrup to sweeten (if needed.)
- Too assemble your parfait, start with a layer of chia pudding, next add layers of yogurt, strawberry compote, and melted peanut butter.
- Top with granola or fresh fruit.
*I topped these parfaits with my sweet and salty maple pecan granola