These quick and easy stir fry noodles for one will become your new go-to when your in a rush!
When I’m in a rush for dinner my go-to is always a stir fry. Not only are they easy to make, but I always have some sort of ingredients on hand that I can toss together to create a delicious noodle dish! (tip: stash a few packs of rice noodles in your kitchen for these moments.)
This recipe for quick and easy stir fry noodles for one came together one evening after rushing home from my hot yoga class starving (Often the position I find myself in after a power flow).
I reached for my rice noodles, looked in my fridge for what veggies I had on hand, and got right to it!
I partnered with sunbutter this March for National Nutrition month, and thought what could better than incorporating this healthy ingredient into a stir fry! The sauce for this recipe features Sunbutter’s organic sunflower seed butter, for a rich, creamy texture.
Sunbutter also provides some extra protein, as well as some micronutrients like magnesium, zinc, and iron. (They also offer an array of different sunflower seed butter products to suit your own personal taste!)
This sunbutter sauce is one of my new favourites for stir-fry noodles. You can make a single batch as you go, or even prepare a jar of it to stash in your fridge so it’s ready to go! You can also experiment using this sauce on different types of stir-fry dishes. (I’m thinking veggies or tofu would work great!)
- 6oz rice noodles
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup of water (to use as needed)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sunbutter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- Start by making your sauce. Mix the sunflower seed butter, soy sauce, sriracha, hoisin sauce, and 2 tbsp of water together until incorporated. set aside.
- Boil your rice noodles in a pot of water for 1 minute. Remove from heat and drain.
- At 1 tsp avocado oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Add the chopped scallion and broccoli, staring for 2 minutes. Add a bit of water as needed (1-2 tbsp) to help steam the broccoli for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the noodles to the pan with the sauce, mixing on medium-low heat. Add some water as needed to help cook the noodles until tender.
- Remove from heat and serve with sesame seeds to top.