These gluten-free tropical cottage cheese Pancakes are low-carb, and high protein. Topped with tropical fruit, they make the perfect breakfast! I eat these whenever I’m craving a carby and filling breakfast. They taste just like a pancake, only better! They have an extra-nice creamy cheesy texture from the cottage cheese!
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup *pressed cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup gluten-free *oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- *Make sure you used pressed cottage cheese for this recipe, otherwise you will need to strain the liquid out of your cottage cheese.
- *You can make homemade oat flour simply by pulsing oats in a food processor.
- Place the egg, egg white, cottage cheese, vanilla, and honey in a bowl, and whisk together
- Mix your oat flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Gently mix in your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients, pouring half the dry mixture in at a time.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Spoon your pancakes into the skillet, leaving to cook on the first side until you see little bubbles forming on top, or the bottoms are golden brown. (about 3-5 minutes)
- Flip over, and cook other side.
- Layer pancakes with fresh banana and pineapple