Looking for some healthy banana oatmeal muffins that wont ruin your diet? Look no further! These healthy banana oatmeal muffins are made with oat flour, and have no added sugar! I love muffins for a snack in the morning when I’m running out of the house, or in the afternoon with tea. These muffins are also great to bring along if your invited to any brunch.
Oats are a great substitute if you are trying to avoid flour. To make oat flour, simply blend your oats in a food processor until they are smooth. I love using oats in preparing many of my meals. They are a great complex carbohydrate to help fuel your body throughout the way, and provide lots of fiber! For a gluten-free option, I usually purchase certified gluten-free organic oats for these muffins!
Healthy Banana Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix the oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mash your bananas with a fork, then add to the liquid mixture slowly whisking in just until incorporated.
- Mix your liquid mixture into your dry ingredients, adding half at a time, and mixing just until incorporated. Add chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into muffin dish, filling just below the rim.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Healthy Banana Muffins, how to make banana muffins