Do you love tacos but want something lighter and fresher for the summer? This healthy taco salad will do the trick! I love Mexican food, but sometimes it can be a bit heavy and leave you feeling drowsy. I especially love this healthy taco salad during the summer! Add some chicken to it to make it a complete meal. It’s light, and refreshing, filled with wholesome detoxifying ingredients!
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 of a red pepper sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (i like to use fresh corn!)
- 1 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful crushed organic tortilla chips
- 1/2 grilled chicken breast (optional)
- Sweet onion dressing:
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (sunflower or olive will work too)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice (a nice squirt of lemon!)
- 2 tbsp sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- Chop up all salad ingredients and place in a large bowl.
- Blend the dressing in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix together and enjoy!