This vegan kale caesar salad is topped with crispy smoked chickpeas, hemp crumble and a creamy dressing. Vegan and naturally gluten-free!
Crispy smoked chickpeas:
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp water
- A bunch of kale
Crispy smoked chickpeas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Drain & rinse the can of chickpeas and then place on a baking pan between two paper towels. Roll the chickpeas in the paper towels and remove as much water as possible. Some of the skins will come off the chickpeas, discard the skins. (This will make the chickpeas crispier!)
- Drizzle olive oil, liquid smoke and sea salt on the chickpeas mixing with your hands or a spoon until evenly coated.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Add the hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until the mixture is crumbly, but still has a few whole pieces in it.
- Blend the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, dijon mustard, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and water together in a blender until smooth.
- Wash & dry the kale and remove the stem.
- Finely chop the kale and add it to a bowl
- Toss with the dressing, chickpeas and hemp crumble
You can use romaine lettuce instead of kale in this recipe if you prefer
Add any veggies you like to this salad
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: vegan caesar salad, kale recipes