Roasted carrot, sweet potato and ginger soup
Cozy up with a big bowl of this roasted carrot, sweet potato, and ginger soup. This soup is almost too cozy for it’s own good!
This roasted carrot, sweet potato, and ginger soup is one of my favorite fall recipes. There’s nothing like coming home in the evening on a cool fall day and warming up with a big bowl of hearty soup.
This recipe was inspired by readily available fall produce from the farmers market. Carrots and sweet potatoes seem to be in abundance right now. (I’m talking huge bags of carrots and giant sweet potatoes!) What better to do with large quantities of veggies than turn them into soup?
The carrots and sweet potatoes for this soup are roasted in the oven beforehand to give them a bold and rounded flavor and the ginger gives that extra zing in your tummy with every spoonful!
I also love this soup for Fall because all the orange veggies really help to boost your immune system to fight off getting a cold from the sudden changes in weather. I’m talking loads of beta-carotene, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
This hearty roasted carrot, sweet potato and ginger soup is healthy and will keep you full!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- pinch of cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Chop your sweet potatoes and carrots into medium sized cubes and place spread out of your pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot on medium heat. Chop your onion and garlic and and add to the pot, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Add grated ginger, sweet potato, carrots and a pinch of cayenne and stir together.
- Next add your vegetable broth and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender (or use a hand blender) and blend soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Roasted carrot, sweet potato and ginger soup, vegan soup, healthy soup