Super food granola bars
- 1 cup oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup peanut butter +2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- handful of 70% dark chocolate chips
- Cover an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Place the oats, toasted almonds, shredded coconut, flax seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, and cinnamon in a bowl, and mix together.
- In a food processor, blend your 1/2 cup of dates, until it forms a ball.
- add your “date ball” into the dry mixture.
- Melt the peanut butter and honey together in a microwave safe bowl, until combined. Add the vanilla to your peanut butter & honey mixture.
- Pour half the peanut butter & honey mixture into your dry ingredients, use a fork to incorporate, and to begin to break up the date ball. Add the remaining mixture and repeat.
- Add chocolate chips now.
- Continue to incorporate with the fork, or use your hands (recommended) to get in there and mix everything together until it is evenly mixed.
- Pour mixture into your baking sheet, and press down with your hands to make an even layer.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours, and cut into 15 bars.
- *Make sure to store these in an air-tight container, in the FRIDGE.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Super food granola bars, how to make granola bars