Tropical Coconut Chia Popsicles
These Tropical Coconut Chia Popsicles will be your new favourite summer treat. Loaded with blissful tropical flavours, they’ll make you feel like you’re on a tropical Island!
Popsicles with coconut, tropical fruits and chia seeds
These Tropical Coconut Chia Popsicles are made with a combination of coconut milk, chia seeds, mango and pink dragonfruit for a tropically delightful treat.
These popsicles are naturally dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free for a healthy dessert or snack that everyone will love.
You will need a popsicle mould to make this recipe. I use this one from amazon, but any type of popsicle mold will work great!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Orange juice
- Fruit juice of choice
What is dragonfruit?
If you haven’t had dragonfruit before, it’s a pink fruit (on the outside) that has a pretty mild taste. You can get dragonfruits that are either white on the inside or a vibrant purple.
Though they aren’t super bold in taste, the colour of a purple dragonfruit is just incredible! You can often find this type of dragon fruit at your local Asian market, and the dragonfruit may have a sticker on it that says “red fruit” to distinguish it from the white fruit.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- If you can’t find pink dragonfruit, or just aren’t a fan of dragonfruit in general, you can use any type of fruit you like for the top layer of these popsicles. I’d recommend raspberries or strawberries if you’re looking to get a nice colour contrast against the yellow!
- If you want to get perfect layers, I recommend freezing each layer for 10-15 minutes before adding the next layer. (Though if you add them all at the same time these are still delicious!)
- To remove the popsicles from the mold, run the mould under hot water for 15-30 seconds, then gently tug on the popsicle stick.
More popsicle recipes to try
If you tried these Tropical Coconut Chia Popsicles or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These tropical coconut chia popsicles are a healthy treat perfect to enjoy on a hot day!
- Pour the can of coconut milk into a bowl with the chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Peel and cut the mango and blend together with the orange juice until smooth. Set aside.
- Peel and cut the dragonfruit and blend together with the pineapple juice until smooth. Set aside.
- Fill your popsicle moulds altering between the dragonfruit puree, coconut chia pudding, and mango puree until the moulds are full.
- Place popsicle sticks in the moulds and place in the freezer overnight, or for several hours until frozen.
- Once frozen, I like to run my popsicle moulds under warm water for 15-30 seconds to help remove the pops.
for the top layer of these popsicles. I’d recommend raspberries or strawberries if you’re looking to get a nice colour contrast against the yellow!
If you want to get perfect layers, I recommend freezing each layer for 10-15 minutes before adding the next layer. (Though if you add them all at the same time these are still delicious!)
To remove the popsicles from the mold, run the mould under hot water for 15-30 seconds, then gently tug on the popsicle stick.
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: healthy popsicle recipe, coconut popsicles