Say hello to your new favourite easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup dried green lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp-1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 tsp herbs de Provence or mixed dried herbs
- 1 cup kale leaves, shredded
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan on medium-high heat then add the onion and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and let cook another 2 minutes, then pour the onions & garlic into the slow cooker.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, except for the kale to the slow cooker. There should be enough liquid to completely cover all the vegetables. (If there’s not, add some more broth)
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- 15 minutes before serving, add in the kale & remove the bay leaves.
- Taste and adjust any seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
If you don’t have a slow cooker I recommend this one.
If your soup becomes very thick while cooking, add in some more broth at the end.
I just a reduced sodium vegetable broth so I can control how salty the soup turns out.
- Serving Size: 1 small bowl
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: crockpot soup recipes, healthy slow cooker recipes