I don’t know about you, but I have a big sweet tooth. Not a day goes by that I don’t dream about chocolate. In fact, I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t find myself eating chocolate!
I’m a fond believer that chocolate is the cure for everything. I am also a fond believer that chocolate is great for breakfast! What better way to start the day off right?
This whipped chocolate chia pudding with date caramel will not only satisfy your chocolate craving, but is 100% healthy! Yup, that’s right. Chocolate for breakfast is not only acceptable, but can also be good for you!
Chia pudding is a great way to start the day, packed with lots of fiber and omegas, it helps keep you full and is a great source of nutrients. This particular blends up the chia pudding for more of a smooth creamy texture. The date caramel in this recipe tastes so much like real salted caramel you won’t believe it! Dates naturally have a sweet caramel taste, but without all that added sugar. We’re talking pure ingredients here.
- Whipped chocolate chia pudding:
- 4 tbsp chia
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- Date Caramel:
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Place all the ingredients for the chia pudding in a mixing bowl, and mix together.
- Place mixture in fridge to firm up for 2-4 hours.
- Place all the ingredients for the date caramel in a food processor, and blend until texture is smooth, put aside.
- Once your chia pudding has firmed up in the fridge, (should be a thick texture) blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Layer your whipped chocolate chia pudding and date caramel in a bowl, or a jar as desired.
*If your chia pudding appears to be too thick, or too liquidy for your taste, you can always adjust! Simply add more almond milk to make it less thick, or add more chia seeds to make it thicker!
*Need to grab breakfast to go? Prepare your whipped chocolate chia pudding with date caramel the night before and store in a mason jar. Grab and go on your way the following morning!