This chai latte is made completely from scratch and helps balance your hormones and stress levels!
- 8 cardamom pods
- 8 whole cloves
- 8 peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tsp loose leaf oolong tea
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp eleuthero (can also sub ashwagandha or cordyceps)
- Gently break the cardamom pods, cloves and peppercorns in a mortar & pestle just until lightly crushed to release the flavour.
- Add the crushed spices to a small pot with the rest of the chai mix ingredients, except for the oolong tea, and bring to a boil, whisking for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and let bubble for another 5 minutes. the mixture should begin to thicken just slightly.
- Add the oolong tea and let sit for 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat and strain the mixture.
- To prepare the latte, blend the cashews, water, vanilla extract, salt and eleuthero together in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. (about 30-60 second)
- Heat the cashew milk in a frother, pot, or microwave. (or you’re blender if it has a heating setting)
- Pour 1/2 cup of the chai latte mix into your cup and top with the hot cashew milk.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and enjoy.
I like to use a heating frother to warm up the cashew milk.
Store any extra chai mix and cashew milk separately in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 latte
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: homemade chai latte recipe, how to make a chai latte