Hey there! Welcome to Choosing Chia! I’m Jess. I’m a Montreal based blogger and recipe developer with a passion for photography and entrepreneurship.
About the blog:
I started this blog as a platform to share my healthy recipes and my love for cooking & wellness. Here you will find plenty of whole food recipes with a big focus on wholesome plant-based ingredients. That being said, life is all about balance. So you’ll also find some healthified and not so healthified desserts and treats on the blog too!
I serve people who are looking to eat healthier, incorporate more natural and plant-based foods in their diet, but who also want to take the stress out of healthy eating.
My Food philosophy:
Choosing Chia focuses on a plant-forward intuitive approach to eating.
To me this approach to eating means filling up my plant with mostly plant-based ingredients (think veggies, fruits, legumes, whole grains), and listening to my body to give it what it needs. Some days this may mean a lot of protein rich foods, some days this may mean tons of veggies, and other days this may mean eating an entire greasy take out pizza.
Intuitive eating is all about listening to your body and eating what feels right FOR YOU. No two people are alike, and you may not fall into a specific “diet.”
I truly believe if you eat this way, you’ll nourish your body with the nutrients it needs to feel your best, and be the best version of yourself you can be!
I’m also a big believer in BALANCE. That’s right, I love my green smoothies but I also love my croissants. (Which I get one of EVERY Saturday from my favourite bakery. Yup, I don’t joke around when it comes to croissants.)
Basically, think of me as your personal welllness cheerleader. I’m here to help you find inspiration to eat healthy and wholesome foods, but I’m also here to cheer you on when you want a slice of greasy pizza. (You go girl!)
Remember, every person is different, and wellness is a journey. Listen to your body, be kind to yourself and find the right balance that works for you. Living a healthy lifestyle shouldn’t feel like a chore, it should be fun! (And trust me, it CAN be!)
A little bit more about me:
Most days you can find me:
In the kitchen or working on my couch…in my pyjamas.
I love serving the world by:
Sharing recipes! Wellness tips! Photography tips! Blogging tips! Pictures of my dog!
My favourite quote is:
“You can have your excuses or you can have your success. You can’t have both.”
When I’m not busy blogging, you can catch me:
Working on my yoga practice, Spending time up north in the mountains, going out for for brunch, petting my dog, and eating all the croissants.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are 5 things you might not know about me:
- In 2015 I left my corporate job and took off to Rishikesh India to study yoga and get my yoga instructors certification. It was one of the best (and oh man one of the most) challenging experiences of my life!
- My favourite type of food is Thai food. I’ve travelled to Thailand 3 times and I just can’t get enough of their cuisine. (Pad see ew is my homeboy!)
- I have a Shiba Inu dog named Mango. We work from home together and she’s head of HR at Choosing Chia.
- In my opinion, there’s nothing better in this world than freshly baked bread. Seriously…it’s the best. Ok, I’ll take a glass of sauvignon blanc on the side too.
- I’m a bit of a neat freak and love having a clean and organized home. Marie Kondo is my spirit animal.