Birthday cake protein balls are packed with protein and perfect for an afternoon pick me up!
- 1 and 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder* (I use the unflavored one from sprout living)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cashew butter (can sub almond butter)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (optional, but recommend for “cake” flavour)
- 1–2 tsp almond milk
- 3–4 tbsp sprinkles
- Mix the almond flour, protein powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cashew butter, honey, vanilla extract and almond extract together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together until combined. Add 1-2 tsp of almond milk as needed to help the dough bind together. (It helps to mix at first with a spoon, and then use your hands to mix the dough.)
- Add the sprinkles and mix together with your hands to incorporate.
- Roll into balls, about 1 tbsp of dough per ball.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
- Store in the fridge.
* there are many different brands of protein powder, some of which taste better than others. I recommend using unflavored plant-based protein powder, or vanilla plant-based protein powder.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: cake batter protein balls, birthday cake energy balls, cake batter bliss balls