A healthier chocolate cake made from quinoa and entirely flourless!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs (or vegan egg substitute)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 shot espresso
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup xylitol (or more coconut sugar)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh fruit for topping (optional)
Coconut whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper and grease the pan.
- Add the quinoa, coconut oil, eggs, almond milk, espresso and vanilla in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Next add the coconut sugar, xylitol, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the blender and mix just until combined.
- Pour half the mixture into each pan.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- To make the coconut whipped cream, open the cans of coconut milk and scoop out the cream on top. (it should be separated from the liquid)
- Place in a chilled mixing bowl and beat on high until it forms stiff peaks
- Spread evenly onto the cake
- Top the cake with fresh fruit
No blender? You can make this cake in an electric mixer, or even a food processor.
I haven’t tried this recipe with flax-eggs, but I’m confident it will work well for a vegan substitution!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 583
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: quinoa cake, cake made in a blender, healthy cake recipe, chocolate quinoa cake