A simple broccoli and potato soup ready in just 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets (approx 5 cups)
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat, then add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, potato, parsley, bay leaf, vegetable broth, salt and pepper and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potato and broccoli are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf (don’t forget this step!) and blend the soup with an immersion blender, or in a regular blender.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: broccoli and potato soup, vegan broccoli potato soup, healthy broccoli potato soup