Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal is made with oats, almond milk and shredded carrots for a healthy and delicious breakfast that everyone will love!
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 egg or flax egg* (see note)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Crushed walnuts and raisins to top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8 or 9-inch pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined, then let sit on the counter for 10 minutes. (This will allow the oats to start absorbing some of the liquid!)
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan, sprinkle with crushed walnuts and raisins and bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown on top.
Store any leftover covered in the fridge and reheat in the oven.
To make a flax egg, combine 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water. Let sit for 5 minutes to gel and then use as you would the egg.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 219mg
- Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5g
- Protein: 4.2g
Keywords: how to make baked oatmeal, healthy baked oatmeal, carrot cake oatmeal