These Chewy Chai Snickerdoodles and are super soft, chewy and delicious!
Chai spice blend
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups flour (or a 1–1 gluten-free flour blend)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (can sub 1 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar)
- 1 tsp chai spice blend
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1–2 tsp chai spice mix (depending on your preference)
- Mix the chai spices together and set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar together in a mixer until light and fluffy, mixing for about 2-3 minutes, then add the egg and continue to mix for another 2 minutes. (Scrape down the edges of your bowl as needed.)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl then slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer. Mix until everything is incorproated. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into even balls, then roll into a bowl of the sugar and chai spice mix.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before eating.
This recipe comes out best if you use room temperature butter and eggs.
Use a cookie scoop to measure out the cookies evenly. This will ensure that all the cookies bake evenly and have the same texture.
If making these cookies gluten-free, make sure to use a gluten-free flour blend that contains xantham gum.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1.5g
Keywords: Chewy snickerdoodle cookies, easy snickerdoodle cookies