A healthy sandwich loaded with smashed chickpeas, avocado, and veggies!
- Everything bagel or bread of choice (I used O’Doughs)
- 1 avocado
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tomato
Garlic Tahini Cumin Yogurt
- 2/3 cup vegan yogurt (greek style) (I used Rippl vanilla unsweetened)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cumin (adjust according to taste preference)
water to thin (if desired)
- Make your garlic tahini cumin yogurt sauce by blending or whisking all ingredients
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and place into your food processor/blender and pulse until
they are all broken into very small pieces- almost blended, but be careful not to blend
them into hummus! Then place them into a medium bowl.
- Combine the chickpeas with 1/4 – 1/2 cup of your yogurt sauce (depending on how
creamy you like your salad)
- Cut your avocado, spoon it into a bowl and smash it with a fork.
- Assemble your sandwich with smashed avocado, chickpea salad, spinach, and tomato.
Store leftover yogurt sauce and smashed chickpeas in the fridge
can use the remaining yogurt sauce in this Cranberry Falafel Burger Recipe or this Oven Roasted
- Calories: 517
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: vegan lunch, chickpea sandwich, avocado sandwich, vegan sandwich