Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies are healthy and perfect for a dessert, snack or even breakfast!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the mashed bananas, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the oats, salt, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet, then use your hands to gently press down on each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 until golden brown around the edges.
Store in a sealed container on the counter for 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
The riper the banans, the sweeter the cookies. Depending on your personal preference, you may want to use more or less ripe banans in these cookies. When using bananas in baked goods, you always want them to have at least some brown spots on them.
Use large flaked oats (rolled oats). This type of oats will give the cookies the best texture. Quick oats tend to be softer and I find they kind of get lost in these cookies.
Don’t forget to press the cookies down with your hands. These cookies don’t contain any baking powder or baking soda in them, so they won’t really spread on the baking sheet. When you scoop the cookie dough, make sure to press the cookies down with your hands to flatten them slightly.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 6.3
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: banana oatmeal cookies vegan, banana oatmeal cookies no flour, healthy banana cookies, oat banana cookies