These coconut flour pancakes grain-free, gluten-free and have a soft delicate texture for a healthy breakfast!
- Mix the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together until no clumps remain
- Add some oil or butter or a large skillet on medium heat and pour a large spoon of batter into the pan. Let cook for 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat until little bubbles start to form, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side. (Be patient and don’t cook these pancakes on a higher heat otherwise they can burn!)
- Serve with your favourite toppings like maple syrup, yogurt and coconut chips!
. Unlike flour pancakes that can become tough from over mixing, these pancakes we want the batter to be smooth with no clumps. Whisk it just until no clumps remain. You can also make these pancakes in a blender.
COOK ON MEDIUM OR MEDIUM LOW! Coconut flour pancake batter can burn much more easily than regular pancake batter. Coconut flour is delicate and can burn on high-heat. You need to cook these pancakes on medium (or medium-low if your stove runs hot) for 3-4 minutes and then another 2-3 minutes on the second side.
Cook multiple pancakes at a time. As the batter sits, you’ll notice it will begin to thicken even more. That’s because the coconut flour continues to absorb the liquid as it sits. If you have the space cook multiple pancakes at a time to ensure they all have the same texture.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: how to make pancakes with coconut flour, coconut flour pancake recipe, grain-free pancake recipe