Crispy Pan-Fried Sesame Tofu is packed with sesame flavour and ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 pack extra-firm tofu
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Drain the tofu, and press it between two paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and toss in a bowl with the cornstarch.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan on medium-high heat then add half of the sliced green onions and all of the tofu cubes. Let the tofu cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- While the tofu is cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the tofu is crispy on all sides, lower the heat to low and pour the sauce, sesame seeds and remaining green onions into the pan.
- Mix together until the tofu is evenly coated and served.
- Serve immediately. Optionally top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Prepare a pot of rice before you start cooking the tofu so you’ll have rice ready to go when the tofu is cooked.
Add any vegetables you love to this Crispy Stir-Fried Sesame Tofu to make it more veggie-packed.
It’s best to use a non-stick pan for this recipe. Tofu can sometimes stick to a pan when cooking, so a non-stick pan will make things easier!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the reicpe
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: sesame tofu, pan-fried tofu with sesame