These Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are totally delicious for a healthy and delicious treat!
- 14 oz 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional if you like the filling sweeter)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave. (if microwaving, do it in short increments to prevent burning.)
- Once the chocolate is melted, spoon a layer (about 1/2 tbsp-1 tbsp) to cover the bottom of the molds, then place in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Mix the almond butter, coconut, maple syrup and salt together, then spoon a small scoop into each mold.
- Spoon the top chocolate layer into each mold to cover the almond butter, then place back in the freezer for another 15 minutes to set.
- Store in the fridge to keep them fresh.
Use high-quality 70% dark chocolate. This makes all the difference in the taste of the almond butter cups!
Keep an eye on your chocolate while melting it and don’t let it melt on too high heat otherwise, the chocolate can burn.
Depending on the brand of almond butter you use, you may want to adjust the flavouring to your taste. Add as much or as little maple syrup and salt as needed.
Keywords: healthy dessert, almond butter cups, chocolate dessert