Double chocolate chip muffins
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax+5 tbsp of water)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk + 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of (gluten-free) oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend+ 3/4 tsp xantham gum*
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 large handfuls of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix your ground flax in a bowl with 5 tbsp water. Set Aside for 2 minutes, until it forms a gel.
- Measure out 1/2 cup almond milk. Add in 1 tsp white vinegar, wait 2 minutes, then add in 1 1/2 tsp baking soda. Mix together. Set aside.
- Mix your applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and flax egg together in a bowl until combined.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together your oats, gluten-free flour, xantham gum, cocoa powder, and shredded coconut.
- Pour the liquid mixture into your dry mixture, pouring half the amount at a time, and gently stirring until incorporated.
- Add in your chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly amongst 12 muffin tins.
- Top with extra coconut and chocolate chips.
- bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Let cool and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Double chocolate chip muffins, how to make muffins