This full-flavoured pesto is delicious and can be made in under 10 minutes!
- 3 cups kale
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional, omit for vegan)
- Rinse the kale, remove the stems and roughly chop.
- Add the kale to the food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Remove from the food processor and use with your favourite recipes, or store in the freezer for future use!
Use fresh kale to make this recipe. Frozen kale or wilted kale won’t give the same flavour and nutrition.
To make a nut-free pesto, substitute the walnuts with hemp seeds.
Add a handful of basil or cilantro if you like an herby pesto.
To freeze this pesto, add spoonfuls of the pesto to an icecube tray and freeze.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of the recipe
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.8g
Keywords: kale pesto, healthy pesto