This easy Thai massaman curry is ready in just 30 minutes!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (can sub vegetable oil)
- 1 block of firm tofu, cut into cubes (approx 14oz)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2–3 tbsp massaman curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snap peas, cut in halves
- 14oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- peanuts to top (optional)
- Jasmine rice to serve (optional)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer the tofu to a bowl or plate then heat the remaining 1 tbsp of avocado oil in the skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and let cook for 2 minutes, then mix in the massaman curry paste and let cook for another minute.
- Add the carrot, pepper and snap peas and cook on medium-high for another 3 minutes, string occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut sugar and tamari and lime juice and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tofu cubes and mix together.
- Taste and adjust any seasoning if needed.
- Serve on its own or over rice with crushed peanuts on top.
Depending on the brand of curry paste you use, you may find you need a little more/less saltiness or sweetness to the curry. Always taste and add a little more soy sauce or coconut sugar if needed.
Store leftovers in the fridge for 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: thai massaman curry, vegan massaman curry, vegetarian massaman curry