This homemade everything bagel hummus will be your new favourite dip or spread. It’s healthy and tastes like an everything bagel!
- 1 15 oz can unsalted chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6–8 garlic cloves, skins removed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup-1/3 cup very cold water (depending how thick you like your hummus)
- Everything bagel spice to top
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and remove the skins by rolling the chickpeas in a clean kitchen towel. The skins should come off naturally. You can alternatively remove the skins by gently squeezing each chickpea. Discard skins.
- Place the chickpeas in a pot of boiling water with 1/2 tsp baking soda and cook for 6-8 minutes until the chickpeas are soft, then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the skins and cut off the bottom of the garlic, toss with olive oil then roast in for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic and rest of the ingredients except for the cold water to a food processor and puree for 2-3 minutes, scarping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour in the cold water and continue to puree until smooth and creamy.
- Serve topped with everything bagel spice
Don’t skip removing the skins from the chickpeas. This is essential to getting really smooth and creamy hummus.
Use unsalted chickpeas so you can control how salty you make the hummus.
If you want to add raw garlic instead of roasted garlic, only add one clove. Raw garlic is much stronger in taste than roasted garlic.
- Serving Size: 1/12th recipe
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: homemade hummus recipe, creamy hummus