Fig and Arugula Salad with Balsamic reduction
- 4 fresh figs
- 1 package of arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (I recommend locally made cheese)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- olive oil (approx. 2-4 tbsp.)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- a pinch of sea salt
- Lets start by making our balsamic reduction.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup together in a small saucepan on high heat.
- Bring to a boil, and then lower to low heat to simmer, until the balsamic has reduced down to a thick glaze. (should be approx. 1/3 cup)
- To assemble the salad, begin by slicing your figs into 4 segments per fig. set aside.
- Place a large handful of arugula onto your plate, then top with goat cheese, pomegranate, and walnuts. Place your figs along the side of the plate.
- Gently drizzle some olive oil, and balsamic glaze over your salad. Finish with a pinch of a nice quality sea alt.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: Fig and Arugula Salad with Balsamic reduction, healthy salad recipe