These popsicles are loaded with grapefruit segments and fresh grapefruit juice for the ultimate refreshing summer treat!
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 3 tbsp water
- a handful fresh thyme
- 2 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (approx 3 large grapefruits)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 grapefruit, skin cut off and cut into segments
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Place the maple syrup, water and thyme in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix the grapefruit juice, coconut water and thyme syrup together in a pitcher.
- To assemble the popsicles, place a grapefruit segment and sprig of thyme into each popsicle mould. Pour the liquid mixture into the moulds until full.
- Place the cover onto the moulds and insert the popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.
- To remove the popsicles from the mould, run them under hot water for 30 seconds and then gently pull on the popsicle sticks.
Depending how naturally sweet your grapefruits are, you may want to add more or less maple syrup
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: grapefruit popsicle, ice pop