- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add the green beans. Cook for 3 minutes then drain and transfer the green beans to a large bowl of ice water for 1-2 minutes then drain. (This will stop the cooking process and help keep the beans bright green.)
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pan on medium heat, then add the sliced almonds, shallots and garlic and let cook for 3 minutes or until the almonds start to brown.
- Add the green beans and lemon zest and saute for 3-4 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and then transfer to a serving dish.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the recipe
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: green beans with almonds, green bean amandine, string beans almondine, green beans with slivered almonds