These Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are packed with fibre and protein and perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack!
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain spelt flour (can sub 1-1 gluten-free flour)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup oat milk (can sub any plant-based milk)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled. (can sub any neutral tasting oil)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the blueberries, coating them with the flour mixture. (This will help prevent them from bursting in the oven and sinking in the muffins.)
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry just until combined.
- Fill each muffin mold 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Use blueberries that are slightly firm for best results. Mushy blueberries will fall apart in the batter.
Make sure to mix the blueberries in with the dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients. This will help prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom.
If using frozen blueberries, don’t defrost them. Add them in frozen.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: healthy blueberry muffins, oatmeal blueberry muffins, whole-grain muffins