These Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies are made with wholesome ingredients and healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast!
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can sub tahini)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- (optional) 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Mix the oats, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and carrots together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla together.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until well combined. Optionally add in the chopped nuts and mix them together.
- Scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet and use your fingers to press down on each cookie to flatten slightly. (They won’t spread much while baking.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool completely before icing.
- To make the glaze, melt the coconut butter in the microwave or a pot, then mix in the almond milk until you have a thinner consistency you can drizzle onto the cookies.
- Let sit until the glaze dries.
These are soft cookies, not crunchy. So don’t expect a crunchy cookie after baking!
so you don’t have large chunks of carrots in the cookies.
Make sure to slightly flatten the cookies on the baking sheet with your hand before baking. These cookies won’t spread much, so if you don’t flatten them you’ll end up with cookie balls.
Let the cookies cool completely before glazing. Otherwise, the glaze will melt right off the cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: breakfast carrot cake cookies, healthy carrot cake cookies