These Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are super fluffy and make a perfect breakfast or snack!
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup+2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- chocolate chips or chunks (as couple handfuls)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin pan with muffin liners
- Mix the yogurt and baking soda together in a bowl. Set aside (the mixture should get bubbly)
- In a stand mixer, (or with a handheld mixer) cream the butter and sugar together for 3minutes until it’s fluffy and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together for 2 minutes
- Next, add the yogurt and bananas and gently fold in.
- Add the flour mixture and gently fold in. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Transfer batter to muffin cups filling 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
For best results, use a stand mixer or hand mixer. You can still make these in a bowl, but the mixer will help incorporate everything better.
Don’t overmix the batter when adding the yogurt, bananas and dry ingredients. Overmixing can lead to dense muffins and cause the tops to “peak” when you bake them. (stick up too much on top)
Store in an air-tight container for up to a week. (Though these muffins are best enjoyed within 2 days!)
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: healthy banana muffins, whole wheat banana muffins