These Healthy Mini Pecan Pies are easy to make, vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse the oats, pecans, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt together until combined.
- Scoop a spoon of the mixture into a mini tart pan (2-3 inches diameter) and press down firmly with your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, mix together the dates, almond milk, vanilla and salt until creamy and smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Use a knife to spread some of the caramel filling onto each pie and top each pie with a pecan.
and then put them together right before serving. This can help you save time in your preparation.
If you don’t have tart pans, you can also use a muffin pan with muffin liners and just press the batter into the bottoms of each mold.
Make sure to use Medjool dates in this recipe for best results. Regular dates won’t blend as well and turn into caramel.
If you’d like to make this recipe entirely grain-free, you can substitute almonds in place of the oats. Simply grind up the almonds into an almond meal and use them in place of the oats. You can also substitute any sticky sweetener for maple syrup. (Though maple syrup and pecans are a match made in heaven if you ask me!)
- Serving Size: 1/16th recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: mini pecan pies, healthy pecan pie, vegan pecan pie