These vegan Twix bars are the perfect substitute for your Halloween treats!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse your almonds until they form a crumby texture.
- Then add the flour, salt, coconut oil, maple syrup, and pulse until a dough forms.
- Line an 8 x 4 inch pan (the size you would use to make a banana bread) with parchment paper, and press your dough down to fill the bottom.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Place your tahini, maple syrup, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes, until a thick caramel texture forms. If you want a thicker caramel, you can cook it a few minutes longer. Let cool slightly on counter for 10 minutes.
- Spread your caramel layer on top of the cookie layer, and place in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes.
- In a double broiler, or microwave, melt your chocolate until completely smooth.
- Remove bars from fridge, carefully remove them from the pan, and cut into bars.
- With a fork gently dunk each bar into the melted chocolate, letting any excess chocolate drip off.
- Place your coated bars on a pan with parchment paper back into the fridge to harden for 15 minutes.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Vegan Twix, vegan candy, healthy dessert