This Korean Tofu Soup comes together in just 30 minutes for a delicious cozy meal!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 2-inch cube ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup kimchi [make sure your kimchi is vegan!]
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 cup kimchi juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pack soft tofu, drained and cut into large cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium-high heat then add the onion, garlic and ginger and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the kimchi, red chilli flakes, sesame oil, tamari and kimchi juice and mix all together letting cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, then cover and let simmr on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add in the tofu and sliced green onions to serve.
This soup needs the kimchi in it for flavour, so don’t skip out on this ingredient! Most Asian grocery stores will sell kimchi, as well as many health food stores.
Make sure to use soft tofu in this recipe, not firm tofu! Firm tofu is too tough and won’t give the soup the right texture.
Make sure your kimchi is vegan! Some kimchi is fermented with seafood, vegan kimchi is not!
This soup is even better the next day! If you have time to make this soup in advance and let the flavours sit together, the flavours will intensify.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Korean soup with tofu, kimchi soup, tofu stew recipe