These Marinated Chickpeas are jam-packed with flavour and will be your new go-to chickpea recipes. These chickpeas are perfect to eat on their own or enjoy on top of salads or in your favourite bowl!
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 4 tbsp olive oil (good quality please!)
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to states
- Soak the chickpeas in a large bowl of room temperature water overnight, then drain.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the chickpeas. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10 minutes until the chickpeas are tender.
- Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, dried oregano, salt and pepper together in a large mixing bowl. Drain the chickpeas then add the chickpeas and mix.
- Let the chickpeas sit in the marinade for at least 1 hour to absorb flavour.
The olive oil in the chickpeas may solidify when left in the fridge. Simply let the chickpeas sit on the countertop for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 8.5
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: marinated chickpeas, marinated garbanzo beans