Matcha Coconut Muffins are light, fluffy and packed with matcha flavour! Enjoy these for breakfast, a snack or a treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with liners
- Sift the flour into a bowl, then add the shredded coconut, sugar, baking powder, salt and matcha powder
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin pan filling 2/3 of the way full.
- Top with coconut flakes and bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Use a good quality culinary grade matcha to make these matcha muffins. The colour of the matcha should be a rich vibrant green.
Make sure the tbsp of baking powder is level when measured.
While you can use whole grain flour, (or a mix of half white and half whole grain) keep in mind this may alter the final colour of the muffins.
Let the coconut oil cool completely before mixing it with the egg. Otherwise, the heat from the coconut oil will cook the egg.
Use full-fat coconut milk from a can for best results.
- Serving Size: 1 muffins
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: matcha muffins, muffins with matcha, green muffins