This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is ready in just 15 minutes and makes the perfect fresh and filling salad that can be enjoyed for lunch, as an appetizer or as a side.
- 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, cut in halves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs of choice (basil, parsley, cilantro…)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, or a magic bullet. (*I personally like to blend the dressing)
- Pour the dressing onto the salad, toss and serve.
To meal prep, portion this salad into mason jars or small containers. Leave the dressing on the side if prepping it ahead of time.
Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for 3 days if dressed, or 5 days if the dressing is on the side.
. I find organic canned chickpeas tend to have a less “tinny” flavour.
Always rinse your chickpeas before using them. This will help remove the coating on the chickpeas that is associated with gas and will help make the chickpeas easier to digest
Add more or less of whatever ingredients you like. There are no hard “rules” for this salad, so if you love cherry tomatoes, feel free to add more! If you’re not a huge fan of olives, go ahead and add less.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: chickpea salad, mediterranean salad with chickpeas, vegetarian salad with chickpeas