My favourite red lentil dal
- Rinse your lentils until the water runs clear.
- Add your lentils to a pot with water, 1/2 of the onion, and the turmeric. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat, cover, and let simmer for 45 minutes. If your lentils are too thick, add a bit more water.
- Heat avocado oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the other half of the onion, garlic, and ginger, and mix together on medium for 2-3 minutes. Pour the seasoning into the pot of lentils and mix.
- Next add the cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve with naan bread, rice, or on its own.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: red lentil dal, how to make lentil dal