A Northern-style Thai soup made with curry, coconut, and loaded with noodles!
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1-inch cube of ginger
- 1–2 tbsp of Thai red curry paste (*see note)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Litre low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk (full-fat from a can)
- 2–3 tbsp soy sauce (*gf if needed)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (maple syrup or agave work too)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 7oz rice noodles (about 1/2 a pack)
- cilantro to top
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Next, add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the Thai red curry paste, curry powder, turmeric powder, vegetable broth, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil stirring everything together, then lower the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Next add in the soy sauce, coconut sugar, and lime juice and stir together. Reduce heat to low and let the soup simmer for another 5 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
- Add the rice noodles to the soup.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
Some brands of Thai curry paste are spicier than others. I’d recommend starting with 1 tbsp and then adding more as needed to your taste. Depending on how salty your vegetable broth is to start, you may need more or less soy sauce. Taste and adjust accordingly
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 268
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: Thai soup, vegan Thai recipes, coconut soup recipe