A show stopper bundt cake that’s filled with orange and cardamom flavour and topped off with a vibrant pink blood orange glaze!
- 2 1/4 cups white Spelt flour (can sub regular flour, 1–1 gluten-free flour blend)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
Blood orange glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp blood orange zest
- 2–4 tbsp blood orange juice
- crushed pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease your bundt pan with vegetable shortening and sprinkle with a light dusting of flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients except for the sugar together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla on high speed for about 8-10, until the mixture triples in size. lower to medium speed and drizzle in the coconut oil.
- Put the mixer on low speed and slowly add in the dry ingredients alternately with almond milk and orange juice. (add some dry, add the almond milk, add some dry, add the orange juice.) Beat until smooth.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for exactly 10 minutes before flipping the cake out of the pan. Let cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix all glaze ingredients together until you have a smooth consistency. Drizzle on top of the cake and top with crushed pistachios.
I use this bundt cake pan.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: how to make a moist bundt cake, how to get a cake out of a bundt pan, orange bundt cake