These peanut butter and jelly energy balls are the best ever snack! Made with dates, peanut butter and stuffed with strawberry jelly. They’re so delicious!
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place about 15 small dollops (about 1 tsp each) of jam on the pan.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to let the jam firm up.
- Blend the Medjool dates, oats, flax seeds, shredded coconut, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt in a food processor until combined. The mixture should be sticky when you press it between your fingers. If it’s not, add a few more dates.
- Using your hand scoop out some of the dough and flatten into a disk shape.
- Remove the jam from the freezer and place a dollop in the center of the disk.
- Fold up the edges sealing the jam in the center, (like folding a dumpling) then roll between your hands to form a ball.
- Repeat the process for each energy bite.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Don’t add too much jam to the center of the bites otherwise, it may spill out! I use this cookie scoop to create uniform energy balls
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: energy ball, energy bites