If you’re a fan of pb & j then you’ll love these Peanut Butter And Jelly Thumbprint Cookies!
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the peanut butter, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together in a stand mixture or a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Then add in the baking soda, salt and four and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Using your hands, roll out 1 tbsp small balls of dough, and then slightly flatten them into a patty shape onto your baking pan.
- With your thumb or a spoon, press down into the centre of each cookie to form a little well.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then remove from the oven and fill the center of each cookie with Jam. If your cookies rose in the oven and the center well isn’t deep enough, use a spoon and press down into the center of each cookie while they are still warm.
- Bake again for 5-6 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges. Let cool and enjoy.
Use creamy peanut butter. I haven’t tested this recipe out with drippy peanut butter, so I can’t say if the texture will come out the same. I use natural creamy peanut butter which works best for these cookies.
If the cookie dough feels too sticky to roll into balls, place the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Use a cookie scoop to measure out even cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: gluten-free thumbprint cookies, peanut butter thumbprint cookies