These Peanut Butter Protein Bars are vegan, gluten-free and easy to make!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Brand Pure Vegan Plant Protein
- 1/2 cup rice crisps
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (the runny kind works best)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tsp of almond milk if needed to help bind.
- 200 grams 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix the almond flour, protein powder, rice crisps, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix the peanut butter, maple syurp and vanilla together then pour into the bowl and mix until everything is combined. If the mixture feels a bit dry, add 2-3 tsp of almond milk. (Don’t add too much!)
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper then add the dough to the pan, pressing down evenly. Place in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate topping.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together then pour ontop of the bars. Place back in the fridge or freezer to set, then cut into even squares or bars.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
. If you find your dough is too dry to press into the pan, add a couple of teaspoons of almond milk and mix.
Don’t store on the countertop. These bars need to be refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: homemade protein bars, vegan protein bars