Pecan pie meets baked oatmeal for the best ever brunch recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 egg or flax egg* (see note)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (or butter or applesauce)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Let sit on the counter for 10 minutes while you prepare the pecan topping
- Heat the maple syrup in a small pan on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the pecans, cinnamon and salt. Mix together and let cook for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into an 8inch baking dish or pan and sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden around the edges.
To make a flax egg mix 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water. Let sit for 5 minutes until it gels.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 512
- Sugar: 34g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Baked oatmeal recipe, how to make baked oatmeal